Lonely Planet Trans-Siberian Railway
Lonely Planet, Simon Richmond, Mark Baker, Stuart Butler, Trent Holden
Lonely Planet: The world’s leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Trans-Siberian Railway is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Gaze through the window at the unfurling landscape as you pass, glimpse Lake Baikal, Russia’s sacred sea, or gawk at Moscow’s Kremlin at one end of your journey and Beijing’s Forbidden City at the other end; all with your trusted travel companion. Begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Trans-Siberian Railway Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – the history of the railway, history of Siberian travel, Russian culture & cuisine, Mongolian culture & cuisine, Chinese culture & cuisine, landscapes & wildlife
- Covers Moscow, St Petersburg, Beijing, the Trans-Siberian, Trans-Mongolian, Trans-Manchurian and Baikal-Amur Mainline routes and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Trans-Siberian Railway, our most comprehensive guide to the Trans-Siberian Railway, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
Looking for a guide focused on Russia or China? Check out Lonely Planet’s Russia or China for a comprehensive look at all that these countries have to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You’ll also find our content online, on mobile, video and in 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.