Dynamic Networks And Cyber-security
Niall Adams, Nick Heard
As an under-studied area of academic research, the analysis of computer network traffic data is still in its infancy. However, the challenge of detecting and mitigating malicious or unauthorised behaviour through the lens of such data is becoming an increasingly prominent issue.
This collection of papers by leading researchers and practitioners synthesises cutting-edge work in the analysis of dynamic networks and statistical aspects of cyber security. The book is structured in such a way as to keep security application at the forefront of discussions. It offers readers easy access into the area of data analysis for complex cyber-security applications, with a particular focus on temporal and network aspects.
Chapters can be read as standalone sections and provide rich reviews of the latest research within the field of cyber-security. Academic readers will benefit from state-of-the-art descriptions of new methodologies and their extension to real practical problems while industry professionals will appreciate access to more advanced methodology than ever before.Contents:
- Network Attacks and the Data They Affect (M Morgan, J Sexton, J Neil, A Ricciardi & J Theimer)
- Cyber-Security Data Sources for Dynamic Network Research (A D Kent)
- Modelling User Behaviour in a Network Using Computer Event Logs (M J M Turcotte, N A Heard & A D Kent)
- Network Services as Risk Factors: A Genetic Epidemiology Approach to Cyber-Security (S Gil)
- Community Detection and Role Identification in Directed Networks: Understanding the Twitter Network of the Care.Data Debate (B Amor, S Vuik, R Callahan, A Darzi, S N Yaliraki & M Barahona)
- Anomaly Detection for Cyber Security Applications (P Rubin-Delanchy, D J Lawson & N A Heard)
- Exponential Random Graph Modelling of Static and Dynamic Social Networks (A Caimo)
- Hierarchical Dynamic Walks (A V Mantzaris, P Grindrod & D J Higham)
- Temporal Reachability in Dynamic Networks (A Hagberg, N Lemons & S Misra)
Readership: Researchers and practitioners in dynamic network analysis and cyber-security.
Cyber-Security;Dynamic Network;Netflow;Network Traffic;Monitoring;Hypothesis TestKey Features:
- Detailed descriptions of the behaviour of attackers
- Discussions of new public domain data sources, including data quality issues
- A collection of papers introducing novel methodology for cyber-data analysis