Medical Biometrics: Computerized Tcm Data Analysis
Computerized TCM Data Analysis
David Zhang, Wangmeng Zuo;Naimin Li
The introduction of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) through modern information technology will not only achieve the objective progress of the heritage of thousands of years of TCM, but also deliver novel discoveries for modern medicines.
This book is an advanced monograph based on a decade's worth of research work by the authors. After a brief introduction on the four diagnosis approaches in TCM, this book delves into the three main TCM data analysis techniques: computerized tongue, pulse and odor analysis.
Both graduate students and researchers in computerized TCM data analysis will benefit from the book as it will provide a comprehensive understanding of the state-of-the-art analysis methods, image / signal acquisition devices, and the related feature extraction and classification methods.Contents:
- Diagnosis Methods in Traditional Chinese Medicine:
- Computerized Tongue Image Analysis:
- Tongue Image Acquisition and Preprocessing
- Automated Tongue Segmentation
- Tongue Image Feature Analysis
- Computerized Tongue Diagnosis
- Computerized Pulse Signal Analysis:
- Pulse Signal Acquisition and Preprocessing
- Feature Extraction of Pulse Signals
- Classification of Pulse Signals
- Computerized Odor Signal Analysis:
- Breath Analysis System: Design and Optimization
- Feature Extraction and Classification of Breath Odor Signals
Readership: Students and researchers from both academia and industry: in the field of computerized traditional Chinese medicine data analysis, or in the related fields, e.g., medical image/signal analysis, biometrics, and pattern recognition.
Medical Biometrics;Pattern Recognition;Image Processing;Traditional Chinese Medicine;Feature ExtractionKey Features:
- The first monograph on computerized traditional Chinese medicine data analysis (CTDA)
- In-depth and self-contained introduction on CTDA
- Comprehensive presentation on three main CTDA technologies