Frontiers In Electronics: Selected Papers From The Workshop On Frontiers In Electronics 2013 (Wofe-2013)
Selected Papers from the Workshop on Frontiers in Electronics 2013 (WOFE-13)
Sorin Cristoloveanu, Michael Shur
This book brings together 11 invited papers from the Workshop on Frontiers in Electronics (WOFE) 2013 that took place at San Juan, Puerto Rico, in December 2013. These articles present the ground-breaking works by world leading experts from CMOS and SOI, to wide-bandgap semiconductor technology, terahertz technology, and bioelectronics.
WOFE is a bi-annual gathering of leading researchers from around the world, across multiple disciplines, to share their results and discuss key issues in the future development of microelectronics, photonics, and nanoelectronics.
The focus of this volume includes topics ranging from advanced transistors: TFT, FinFET, TFET, HEMT to Nitride devices, as well as emerging technologies, devices and materials.
This book will be a useful reference for scientists, engineers, researchers, and inventors looking for the future research and development direction of microelectronics, and the trends and technology underpinning these developments.Contents:
- Progress in Magnetoresistive Memory: Magnetic Tunnel Junctions with a Composite Free Layer (A Makarov, V Sverdlov and S Selberherr)
- Development of III-Sb Technology for P-Channel MOSFETS (Andrew Greene, Shailesh Madisetti, Michael Yakimov, Vadim Tokranov and Serge Oktyabrsky)
- Graphene Active Plasmonics for New Types of Terahertz Lasers (Taiichi Otsuji, Akira Satou, Stephane Boubanga Tombet and Alexander A Dubinov)
- Impact of Multi-Layer Carbon-Doped/Undoped GaN Buffer on Suppression of Current Collapse in AlGaN/GaN HFETs (Hee-Sung Kang, Dong-Seok Kim, Chul-Ho Won, Young-Jo Kim, Young Jun Yoon, Do-Kywn Kim, Jung-Hee Lee, Young Ho Bae and Sorin Cristoloveanu)
- Deep Uv Leds for Public Health Applications (Ignas Gaska, Olga Bilenko, Saulius Smetona, Yuri Bilenko, Remis Gaska and Michael Shur)
- Demonstration of Unified Memory in FINFETS (Sung-Jae Chang, Maryline Bawedin, Jong-Hyun Lee, Jung-Hee Lee, Sorin Cristoloveanu)
- Advances in MBE Selective Area Growth of III-Nitride Nanostructures: From Nanoleds to Pseudo Substrates (S Albert, A Bengoechea-Encabo, F Barbagini, D Lopez-Rormero, M A Sanchez-Garcia, E Calleja, P Lefebvre, X Kong, U Jahn, A Trampert, M Müller, F Bertram, G Schmidt, P Veit, S Petzold, J Christen, P De Mierry and J Zuñiga-Perez)
- Structural and Optical Characteristics of Metamorphic Bulk InAsSb (Youxi Lin, Ding Wang, Dmitry Donetsky, Gela Kipshidze, Leon Shterengas, Gregory Belenky, Wendy L Sarney and Stefan P Svensson)
- Novel Cascade Diode Lasers Based on Type-I Quamtum Wells (Rui Liang, Leon Shterengas, Gela Kipshidze, Takashi Hosoda, Sergey Suchalkin and Gregory Belenky)
- Vertical Conduction in the New Field Effect Transistors: P-Type and N-Type Vertical Channel Thin Film Transistors (Bonnaud)
- Reflections on the Future Electric Power Grid Monitoring System (Michael Gouzman and Serge Luryi)
Readership: Graduate students, professional engineers and scientists dealing with CMOS, SOI, wide-band gap semiconductors, terahertz technology, bioelectronics, microelectronics, photonics, and nanoelectronics.
- This is one of the few books in the market that updates the electronic industry on the ground breaking research and development in electronics
- This book comprises the best papers of WOFE 2013, a bi-annual of meeting of researchers at the forefront in Electronics, to share their results and exchange views on further directions for micro-electronics, so as to define the frontiers in electronics for the next two years, before they meet again for WOFE 2015
- This book contains some of the ground breaking works in their infancy, and would no doubt dominate the industry for years to come