R. Garg, G. Verma
Designed as a “teach-yourself” text, the book provides a step-by-step approach to clarify all of the key concepts, architectures, and components of operating systems. The book covers all of the topics from the basics to the latest mobile devices, and features key operating systems e.g., Android, iOS, Linux, and Windows 10. This book would be very useful not only as an introductory text for undergraduate students of computer science, but also for those professionals who need to review modern operating systems.
* A chapter on the latest mobile operating systems, e.g., Android, iOS, and Windows
* Covers basic concepts such as architecture, CPU scheduling, memory management, file systems, I/O, and more
* Features a separate chapter on Windows 10 including shortcut keys, system tabs for settings, and security
* Additional chapter on the Linux operating system with detailed explanation of its architecture, components, main features, and also Red Hat Linux
* Designed as a teach-yourself text with integrated “self-quizzes” and end of chapter exercises to reinforce concepts.