Programmable Logic Controllers
Su Chen Jonathon Lin
The result of the author’s 30 years of teaching PLCs at two universities, Programmable Logic Controllers covers important and essential topics and skills a new PLC learner has to know and practice. Assuming the student knows nothing about the subject, it defines everything and features ample examples and breakdowns of important topics. Students taking PLC courses at two and four-year institutions will find this text especially useful. Additionally, it can be used by professionals in the fields of electrical control, automated systems, and manufacturing.
- Covers PLC programming for three popular PLC brands: Allen-Bradley PLCs, Siemens PLCs, and Mitsubishi PLCs.
- Includes all essential PLC topics including: Electrical control basics, Numbers , Logic basics and simplification, PLC program design, PLC systems, Basic programming instructions, Advanced programming instructions, Analog control, PID control, PLC programming languages (Ladder Diagram and Function Block Diagram),
- Provides many programming examples in each chapter.
- Features review questions at the end of each chapter.
- Offers PowerPoint slides for instructors.