- There are 479 official Transition Town initiatives worldwide and probably several more hundred informal ones
- Each of these communities has come together around the goal of creating systems to move past dependence on fossil fuels
- Permaculture can play a central role in this movement and the principles support the goals of living with less or no fossil fuel and building sustainable futures
- This is the first book to clearly articulate the relationship between the Transition Movement and Permaculture in the context of plants, food and appropriate technology
- Permaculture design includes creating edible, functioning, integrated landscapes that support all life, including humans.
- The Permaculture Transition Manual contains practical strategies, techniques and information about living systems, technology and materials.
- Author has a PhD in Environmental Science from Murdock University and has over 15 year experience teaching permaculture and related subjects