AQA GCSE (9-1) Design and Technology: Textile-Based Materials
Bryan Williams, Louise Attwood, Pauline Treuherz
Exam board: AQA
Subject: Design and Technology
First teaching: September 2017
First exams: Summer 2019
Build in-depth understanding and inspire your students to tackle design challenges both practically and creatively, with a textbook that delivers the Core Technical plus Specialist Technical and Design & Making Principles needed for the 2017 AQA D&T GCSE.
The insight of our author team will build topic knowledge, including the technical principles of materials with which you are less familiar, while focusing on the specialist principles of textile-based materials in more depth, to ensure you can navigate the specification with confidence whilst your students' ideas flourish.
· Trusted author team of specialist teachers and those with examining experience
· Build topic knowledge with learning objectives directly linked to the specification and short activities to reinforce understanding
· Develop mathematical and scientific knowledge and understanding with activities that link topics to maths and science
· Inspire your students as they undertake the iterative design process, with examples of imaginative design-and-make tasks, and a look at how to approach the Non-Exam Assessment
· Check knowledge and understanding with end of topic summaries and practice questions for the written exam