- Previous edition sold 9000 copies
- Author is an experienced writer with three previous books published with New Society Publishers
- New edition includes information on raising and cooking with pigs, homegrown sweeteners, selling your homegrown products,
- She blogs at www.thriftyhomestaeder.com
- Author was raised in a city and learned homesteading skills as an adult
- Offers practical steps to save money and build a healthier lifestyle
- Teaches readers how to increase their self-reliance: making things from scratch, growing their own food, buying directly from farmers, etc.
- Covers how to garden, raise livestock, ferment food, and store the harvest