Li-s Batteries: The Challenges, Chemistry, Materials, And Future Perspectives
The Challenges, Chemistry, Materials and Future Perspectives
Lithium-sulfur (Li-S) batteries give us an alternative to the more prevalent lithium-ion (Li-ion) versions, and are known for their observed high energy densities. Systems using Li-S batteries are in early stages of development and commercialization however could potentially provide higher, safer levels of energy at significantly lower cost.
In this book the history, scientific background, challenges and future perspectives of the lithium-sulfur system are presented by experts in the field. Focus is on past and recent advances of each cell compartment responsible for the performance of the Li-S battery, and includes analysis of characterization tools, new designs and computational modeling. As a comprehensive review of current state-of-play, it is ideal for undergraduates, graduate students, researchers, physicists, chemists and materials scientists interested in energy storage, material science and electrochemistry.
- Introduction to Rechargeable Lithium-Sulfur Batteries (Rezan Demir-Cakan)
- Sulfur Cathode (Elton J Cairns and Yoon Hwa)
- The Use of Lithum (Poly)sulfide Species in Li-S Batteries (Rezan Demir-Cakan, Mathieu Morcrette and Jean-Marie Tarascon)
- Lithium-Sulfur Battery Electrolytes (Patrik Johansson, Rezan Demir-Cakan, Akitoshi Hayashi and Masahiro Tatsumisago)
- The Lithium Electrode Revisited Through the Prism of Li-S Batteries (Marine Cuisinier and Brian D Adams)
- Analytical Techniques for Lithium-Sulfur Batteries (Manu U M Patel and Robert Dominko)
- Other Sulfur Related Rechargeable Batteries: Recent Progress in Li-Se and Na-Se Batteries (Rui Xu, Tianpin Wu, Jun Lu and Khalil Amine)
- Computational Modeling of Lithium-Sulfur Batteries: Myths, Facts, and Controversies (Alejandro A Franco)
- Conclusion: Challenges and Future Directions (Elton J Cairns)
Readership: Undergraduates, graduate students, researchers, physicists, chemists and materials scientists interested in energy storage, material science and electrochemistry.
Lithium-Sulphur;Lithium-Ion;Green Energy;Battery Power;Sulfur Cathode;Lithium Electrodes;Lithium PolysulfidesKey Features:
- Provides current knowledge and recent concepts of Li-S batteries and highlights research of top international scientists in the field
- Designed for researchers and practitioners working with Li-S batteries, as well as an academic text for teaching and reading
- Authors are strongly engaged in the progress of Li-S batteries, and concentrate on the fundamental understandings and challenges surrounding their increased adoption