Madness, Murder, and Mayhem in the Colorado Rockies
- There are few books specifically on the history of gold and mining in Colorado, none on its current culture and almost none on modern day treasure hunters.
- Will appeal to Reality TV fans interested in Gold Mining and History. Celebs profiled in the book include: Chad Watkins, gold prospector featured on Discovery Channel's "Ice Cold Gold"; Al Mosch, owner of the Phoenix Gold Mine who appeared on Travel Channel's "Ghost Adventures: Colorado Gold Mine"; and Dr. Richard Goldfarb, geologist and one of the world’s foremost experts on gold, who appeared on the History Channel’s “How the Earth Was Made”.
- Gold Rush and mining history is a major Colorado attraction. Colorado sightseeing and attractions spending in general topped $2 billion in 2015 with over 71 million visitors per year and the biggrdy out-of-state markets for Colorado vacationers were CA, TX, IL, FL and NY. (Dean Runyan)
- Additional content available for marketing use includes: maps of gold mining areas, extended audio interviews with the book's subjects, and photos of ghost towns and historic photos of miners.
- Colorado still draws thousands of prospectors each year. Gold mining is a growing past time for retirees.