EL Excellence Every Day
The Flip-to Guide for Differentiating Academic Literacy
Tonya Ward Singer
Take the Flip-to Book Tour!
You have to see this book to believe this book. And once you use this book it will quickly become your most treasured teaching resource. What exactly is so remarkable? All of the best teaching tools in language and literacy are at your fingertips! Just flip to that strategy you want to learn or that literacy goal you want to reach for a wealth of ready-to-use resources to actively engage learners, build academic language, and strategically support literacy instruction.
Much more than a resource for EL specialists, EL Excellence Every Day is written for every teacher, with a singular focus on improving the ways we all differentiate literacy instruction. Busy teachers especially will appreciate:
- Over 85 flip-to strategies that help you engage and support all learners
- 200+ prompts and linguistic scaffolds to facilitate academic conversations connected to specific literacy goals
- Lesson-ready resources for essential literacy goals: anticipate before reading, read to understand, read to analyze and infer, and write with text evidence
- Formative assessment tasks and if/then charts for personalizing teaching to every student
- Differentiation guides that demonstrate how to adjust supports across EL proficiency levels
- Intuitive, color-coded design so you can find what you need, when you need it
No one lesson or strategy is ever the perfect solution for every student. No one student learns in the same way. If there’s one universal truth in teaching it’s that every child is unique. Devour this book and soon enough you’ll provide the excellent literacy instruction each and every student deserves each and every day.
“We need resources that clearly and quickly help us to meet diverse instructional needs every day in every classroom. Tonya Ward Singer’s EL Excellence Every Day: The Flip-to Guide for Differentiating Academic Literacy is such a resource.”
--JEFF ZWIERS, from the foreword