Academic Writing and Referencing for your Education Degree
Jane Bottomley, Steven Pryjmachuk, David Waugh
If you are embarking on a university-based education degree, including initial teacher training, the books in this series will help you acquire and develop the knowledge, skills and strategies you need to achieve your goals. They provide support in all areas important for university study, including institutional and disciplinary policy and practice, self-management, and research and communication. Tasks and activities are designed to foster aspects of learning which are valued in higher education, including learner autonomy and critical thinking, and to guide you towards reflective practice in your study and work life.
Academic Writing and Referencing for your Education Degree provides you with a sound knowledge and understanding of:
- what constitutes good academic writing in education
- a range of strategies for writing successful essays and reports
- the importance of clarity and coherence in your writing about education
- how to improve your academic style, grammar and punctuation, and formatting and presentation
- referencing conventions in the field of education, and of how to avoid plagiarism.