The Case Study Handbook, Revised Edition
A Student's Guide
Each year, thousands of new MBA and executive education students are introduced to a new learning tool: the business case. This book provides a distinctive and useful framework for analyzing, discussing, and writing about cases.
- It addresses the case method for students, a much larger market than case method teachers. At Harvard Business School alone, there are nearly 1,000 first-year MBA students per year, and few of them have any prior experience with the case method. HBS receives approximately 6,000 to 7,000 MBA applications per year, and all of the applicants who aspire to attend Harvard are potential customers for this book.
- Rather than a hodgepodge of tools and tips, this book offers a unique, integrated approach to case analysis, organized into three major case categories.
- The book provides detailed analyses of sample cases to demonstrate the use of the method in combination with the specialist methods taught in MBA classes.
- The book includes examples of effective student writing.
- The content of the book has had extensive field testing over a long period at Harvard Business School.
- A single book is a tiny investment compared to the cost of an MBA education and the career benefits the degree can yield.
Audience: Current and potential MBA students; executive education students.
Announced first printing: 20,000
Laydown goal: 3,500