Greed, Oil and the Lakota's Struggle for Justice
- Since the violent dismantling of the Standing Rock camp the struggle for indigenous rights, climate and democratic justice has become even more urgent.
- Addressing that urgency Standing Rock is a captivating account of this epic, on-going struggle, fascinating portraits of the remarkable people involved.
- Draws on compelling, little-known archival material from Native American and settler accounts dating back hundreds of years.
- Written by an acclaimed writer and photojournalist known for her coverage of the war in Iraq and Syria, providing a unique lens through which to understand indigenous dispossession and environmental justice.
- For readers of Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee, An Indigenous People’s History of the US and This Changes Everything and followers of Greenpeace, anti-fracking initiatives and pro-democracy movements.