The Academic Skills Handbook
Your Guide to Success in Writing, Thinking and Communicating at University
Diana Hopkins, Tom Reid
This is your complete guide to acing your assignments and getting the most out of your time at university. Packed with tips, tools and a digital companion loaded with real-life examples, this book will help you:
- communicate your ideas with confidence and clarity
- watch your skills grow with diagnostic tools
- create your own study plan tailored to the skills you need
- know what your tutor is looking for and how to deliver
- turn your skills into success after university.
This book is specially designed to show you where your strengths are and what you need to work on, so you get a practice plan that is perfect for your needs. It then arms you with the principles and practice to get ahead in your academic writing, presentations and group work.
The Student Success series are essential guides for students of all levels. From how to think critically and write great essays to planning your dream career, the Student Success series helps you study smarter and get the best from your time at university. Visit the SAGE Study Skills hub for tips and resources for study success!