Personal and professional skills for the IB CP
Skills for Success
Dr Paul Gallagher
Support development of personal and professional skills and their relationship to the reflective project, with emphasis on critical skills development for the workplace and ongoing career development.
- Break down and evaluate the five main areas of Personal Development, Intercultural Understanding, Effective Communication, Thinking Processes and Applied Ethics, in both business and personal contexts.
- Ensure understanding of how the five main areas and the personal and professional skills link to the reflective project.
- Engage students with action-based chapters with activities divided into three categories: thinking, doing and reflecting.
- Develop attitudes, skills and strategies to be applied to personal and professional situations and contexts, now and in the future.
- Support visual learners with an infographic at the start of each chapter relating to the themes of the chapter.
- Feel supported with detailed introductory advice on how to approach the Personal and Professional Skills course.