100 Activities for Teaching Study Skills
100 Activities for Teaching Study Skills is a sourcebook of activities for study skills tutors, teachers and support staff. This practical, user-friendly guide is designed to complement your existing study skills materials, and provide innovative and imaginative ways for you to motivate and engage your students. Activities include:
- Study preparation and time management
- Reading, writing and listening
- Independent study and group-work
- Dissertations, reports and projects
- Critical and creative thinking
- Revision, examinations and tests.
All activities contain clear guidance about the purpose, level and type of activity, along with a range of discussion notes that signpost key issues and research insights. Students are encouraged to reflect on and develop their study skills, while connecting them to subject content and the process of learning, so that they become more motivated, enhance their learning and increase their chances of success.