The Toxin-Free Home
A Guide to Maintaining a Clean, Eco-Friendly, and Healthy Home
Detoxify your house and breathe easy with these easy, natural tips and techniques!
Keeping a clean house and a healthy, organized life can be challenging—especially when you want to avoid store-bought, chemical-filled products. This comprehensive guide, organized by room, provides easy-to-follow instructions and countless hints, showing you how to:
- Use lavender oil as a natural mosquito repellent
- Clean and shine patent leather with petroleum jelly
- Remove red wine stains from carpets with white wine and rubbing alcohol
- Make an organic facial mask using ingredients from your fridge
- Recycle soap scraps into a whole new cleaner
- Create your own shampoo
- And much more
With color photographs and step-by-step instructions, this is your one-stop resource for eco- and child-friendly solutions so you can manage to have a sparkling, squeaky clean—and safer—household.