Fodor's Rio de Janeiro & Sao Paulo
Fodor's Travel Guides
Written by locals, Fodor’s Rio de Janeiro & Sao Paulo is the perfect guidebook for those looking for insider tips to make the most out their visit. Complete with detailed maps and concise descriptions, this travel guide will help you plan your trip with ease. Join Fodor’s in exploring two of the most exciting cities in Brazil.
With the FIFA World Cup in 2014 and the Olympic Games in 2016, Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo have experienced rapid change. Rio continues to see an influx of visitors, and this colorful city, along with the equally vibrant metropolis of São Paulo, never disappoint. Whether you want to soak in the sun on Rio's glamorous Copacabana Beach, shop in São Paulo's cutting-edge fashion boutiques, or indulge in Latin American's most innovative cuisine, Fodor’s Rio De Janeiro & São Paulo will ensure that you get the most out of these two exciting cities.
Fodor’s Rio De Janeiro & São Paulo includes:
- •UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE: Fully updated coverage on the best new restaurants, hotels, and sights throughout both cities. Includes expanded coverage on numerous side trips to national parks and resort towns in the surrounding areas, such as the pristine beaches at the ever-popular Buzios.
- •ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE: A spectacular color photo guide captures the ultimate unmissable experiences and attractions throughout Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo to inspire you.
- •DETAILED MAPS: Full-size street maps throughout will help you plan efficiently and get around confidently.
- •SPECIAL FEATURES: The Experience chapter has in-depth information on visiting both cities, including the region’s best beaches and insider tips on attending Carnival.
- •ITINERARIES AND TOP RECOMMENDATIONS: Sample itineraries will help you plan and customize your own itinerary so you can make the most of your time. Includes tips on where to eat, stay, and shop as well as information about nightlife, sports and the outdoors. “Fodor’s Choice” designates our best picks in every category.
- •INDISPENSABLE TRIP PLANNING TOOLS: Each chapter opens with an orientation and planning section that includes maps, the top reasons to go, and other essential information to help you plan your time effectively and navigate around.
- •COVERS: Rio de Janerio, Copacabana, Ipanema, Sugar Loaf Mountain, Buzios, Paraty, São Paulo, Itaim, Jardins, Ilhabela, Embu, São Sebastião.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor’s has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years.
Planning on visiting other places in South America? Check out Fodor’s Essential Argentina, Fodor's Essential Chile, and Fodor's Essential Peru.