Vegetables, Chickens & Bees
An Honest Guide to Growing Your Own Food Anywhere
From balconies to backyards, get set for gardening success--in any space.
Everyone appreciates garden-fresh vegetables, but how do you successfully grow your own? Enter gardening guru Carson Arthur, with a wealth of knowledge to have you enjoying homegrown veggies in no time, including:
• Gardening guides for every space: from patios to rooftops, and from container gardens to community gardens
• Everything to know about sunlight, soil, water and weeding, as well as the right seeds to pick, how to start them and how to care for your plants as they grow
• Step-by-step guides for 20 key veggies (including tomatoes, carrots, kale, cucumbers, garlic, herbs and fruit trees)
• DIY how-tos for over 15 home garden projects (including planter boxes and plant pest-protectors)
• Primers on keeping your own backyard chickens and bees
• Plus Carson's 15 favorite recipes for using garden-fresh produce . . . and much, much more
Carson Arthur is everyone's favorite gardener. Several years ago he bought a small plot of land two hours outside of the city to try his hand at growing his own food and keeping his own chickens and bees. As a gardener by trade, and with a childhood spent on an apple farm, he had some experience to back him up--and yet even he made mistakes! Now he's sharing his experiences, no holds barred, so you don't do the same. From the good (perfect giant pumpkins) to the bad (frostbitten eggplants) to the downright disastrous (buried cable lines), it's all here to make sure you avoid #gardenfails and instead achieve a whole lot of #gardenwins!