Stand Tall Like a Mountain
Mindfulness and Self-Care for Anxious Children and Worried Parents
Stand Tall Like a Mountain is specifically designed to help parents empower their children to:
- Learn tools for dealing with everyday emotions
- Express how they are feeling
- Learn about their bodies and minds in easy-to-read and understandable language
- Develop tools for nourishment and coping with challenges
- Use easy and fun yoga poses to promote positive feelings
We teach our children how to brush their teeth and cross the road safely; this book is about broadening their toolkit to include emotional first aid. Suzy Reading introduces practices to encourage noticing emotions, feeling calm, expressing feelings, falling asleep more easily, coping with anger and feelings of anxiety and nurturing confidence and kindness.
Children are natural masters of curiosity and mindfulness, so the learning is not a one-way street. The book encourages parents to observe and seek opportunities to learn from their children too.
"It's not easy to remember to care for ourselves and connect with our loved ones in this fast-paced life. Stand Tall like a Mountain gently stops you in your tracks, reminds you to breathe and gives practical support for living a kinder, calmer family life." - Lauren Seager-Smith, CEO Kidscape