How Nature Awakens Our Creativity, Compassion, and Joy
Andrés R Edwards, Marc Bekoff
- Using personal accounts and research in cognitive and behavioral science, Edwards highlights how cultivating an emotional bond with nature benefits us and the natural world
- The book describes why nature makes us more joyful, creative, and compassionate
- Demonstrates how we can regenerate ecosystems by living in harmony with nature's rhythms.
- Demonstrates how emulating and learning from nature is yielding design breakthroughs through biomimicry and biophilic designs in buildings.
- Highlights the importance of compassion and coexisting with wildlife in designing our urban dwellings, and conservation strategies
- Calls for an ecocentric ethic in which we use natural resources wisely and promote species biodiversity.
- Andrés Edwards is an educator, award-winning author, media designer and sustainability consultant. Author of three other New Society Publishers titles which have sold almost 40,000 copies
Intended audience: will appeal to people who love nature and the science behind human behavior and contemplative sciences, as well as to educators and the general public interested in environmental conservation