Exploring Food and Nutrition for Key Stage 3
Yvonne Mackey, Bev Saunder
Combine the essential ingredients that will develop knowledge, understanding and cooking skills through Key Stage 3, so students are ready for the new GCSE in Food Preparation and Nutrition.
With topics linked directly to the new GCSE specifications, Exploring Food and Nutrition helps you to build knowledge and understanding of key concepts and introduce important terminology as your students progress through Key Stage 3, providing a solid foundation for the Food Preparation and Nutrition GCSE.
- Develop topic understanding through Key Stage 3, drawing on subject content at GCSE, with engaging, carefully timed and level-appropriate lessons
- Build food preparation and cooking skills required at GCSE with 'Skills focus': from basic skills at Year 7 through to more advanced techniques in Year 9
- Encourage subject interest with suggested activities and 'Find out more' research features for each topic, that are appropriate for your students in years 7, 8 and 9
- Ensure nutritional understanding with clear explanation of the up-to-date terminology, data and concepts that students will need to know in order to apply the principles of healthy eating
- Monitor and measure student progress with knowledge check questions provided for every topic