OCR A Level Media Studies Student Guide 1: Media Messages
Exam board: OCR
Subject: Media Studies
First teaching: September 2017
First exams: Summer 2018
Build, reinforce and assess the knowledge and skills required for OCR A Level Media Studies; this accessible guide provides full coverage of the content in Component 1, alongside practice questions and assessment guidance.
Produced in partnership with OCR, this book:
- Concisely covers all aspects of 'News' and 'Media Language and Representation'
- Increases knowledge of the theoretical framework and contexts surrounding the set media products, with clear explanations and relevant examples
- Develops the skills of critical analysis, reflection and evaluation that students need in order to use, apply and debate academic ideas and arguments
- Ensures understanding of specialist terminology by defining the key terms within the specification
- Helps students achieve their best under the new assessment requirements with practice questions, study advice and assessment support