Hodder Education Caribbean History: Empires and Conquests
John T Gilmore, Beryl Allen, Dian McCallum
Provide students with a solid foundation in Caribbean history and encourage social studies skills, with an active approach to the study of social history for Lower Secondary.
- Ensure full coverage with content spanning history from ancient civilisations to more recent 21st Century events.
- Prepare students for studies at CSEC level with a solid grounding in Caribbean history.
- Provide practice in many different skill areas with activities, including 'What would you do?' problem solving activities.
- Encourage students to compare and contrast past events with more recent ones with 'Then and Now' feature.
- Inspire interest with relevant archaeological information from the region as well as career options related to the subject as part of the 'Did you know?' feature.
- Reinforce learning and test knowledge through comprehensive revision questions.