How to Paint Living Portraits
Roberta Carter Clark
Master artist Roberta Carter Clark shares secrets for infusing portraits with life.
Since its original publication, this best-selling book has earned a loyal following among students of portraiture. Back in print by popular demand, How to Paint Living Portraits has been updated to help today's artists discover the joys of this time-honored tradition. Hands-on instruction covers a range of ages and ethnicities, offering a practical approach to creating successful, spirited portraits in charcoal, oils and watercolor.
• Includes 23 exercises for capturing recognizable likenesses, feature by feature
• Offers instruction on painting the figure, hands and clothing
• Addresses common stumbling blocks of skin tones and hair colors
• Illustrates simple and complex lighting set-ups for achieving multiple moods and effects
• Features 5 step-by-step portrait demonstrations in charcoal, oil and watercolor
Clark brings fifty years of experience to this book, from technical expertise on color and composition to practical considerations of working with a live model. One of the most comprehensive guides ever written on the subject, it's a valuable reference for any skill level.