Rick Steves Rome 2020
Rick Steves, Gene Openshaw
Explore ancient ruins and view Renaissance masterpieces in this truly modern Eternal City. Inside Rick Steves Rome 2020 you'll find:
- Comprehensive coverage for spending a week or more exploring Rome
- Rick's strategic advice on how to get the most out of your time and money, with rankings of his must-see favorites
- Top sights and hidden gems, from the Colosseum and the Sistine Chapel to corner trattorias, cozy wine bars, and the perfect scoop of gelato
- How to connect with local culture: Indulge in the Italian happy hour tradition of aperitivo, savor a plate of cacio e pepe, or chat with fans about the latest soccer match
- Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and avoid tourist traps with Rick's candid, humorous insight
- The best places to eat, sleep, and experience la dolce far niente
- Self-guided walking tours of lively neighborhoods and sights like the Roman Forum, St. Peter's Basilica, and the Vatican Museums
- Detailed neighborhood maps and a fold-out city map for exploring on the go
- Useful resources including a packing list, Italian phrase book, a historical overview, and recommended reading
- Over 500 bible-thin pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
- Annually updated information on Central Rome, Vatican City, Trastevere, and more, plus day trips to Ostia Antica, Tivoli, Naples, and Pompeii
Make the most of every day and every dollar with Rick Steves Rome 2020.
Spending just a few days in the city? Try Rick Steves Pocket Rome.