Overcoming Weight Problems 2nd Edition
A self-help guide using cognitive behavioural techniques
Clare Grace, Vicky Lawson, Jeremy Gauntlett-Gilbert
This clinically tested, comprehensive course based on cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) techniques can provide a longer-term solution to your weight problems.
You'll come to understand your own psychological blocks to managing weight and discover how to sustain a healthy lifestyle. Learn how you can:
- Develop the motivation to change your eating and activity
- Respond to emotional eating in a helpful way
- Work with the thoughts and emotions getting in the way of change
- Work out a simple, healthy and sustainable eating plan that fits with your daily routine
- Find easy ways to add more physical activity into your everyday life
Overcoming self-help guides use clinically proven techniques to treat long-standing and disabling conditions, both psychological and physical. Many guides in the Overcoming series are recommended under the Reading Well scheme.
Series editor: Emeritus Professor Peter Cooper