Hillside Villages, Local Food & Wine, Coastal Escapes
From sweet-smelling lavender fields and beachside restaurants to rosé vineyards and truffle markets, Moon Provence reveals a feast for the senses. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible itineraries for exploring Provence at your own pace, including the best of the region in 7 days, a day in Aix-en-Provence, and more
- Strategic advice for art lovers, oenophiles, outdoor enthusiasts, and families
- The top sights and unique experiences: Marvel at the lavender fields in full bloom, stroll through a market of fresh produce and artisan-made goods, or explore Avignon's Palais des Papes, the largest Gothic palace in the world. Step into the world of Van Gogh's art in Arles, village-hop through the charming Petit and Grand Luberon, or have a gladiator moment in a Roman arena. Hike in Les Alpilles Regional Park, bike the ascent of Mont Ventoux, one of the most punishing climbs on the Tour de France, or just play a game of pétanque by the beach
- The best local flavors: Sip rosé where the wine was first created, try cured wild boar saucisson or a hearty bowl of daube de boeuf, and sample truffle cheeses
- Honest insight from Provence local Jamie Ivey on where to eat, sleep, and discover the true spirit of the South of France
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Focused coverage of Aix-en-Provence, The Luberon, Arles, Les Alpilles and the Camargue, Avignon and the Vaucluse, Marseille, and more
- Thorough background information on the landscape, wildlife, history, government, and culture
- Handy tools including a French phrasebook, customs and conduct, and information for LGBTQ, solo, and senior travelers, as well as families and travelers with disabilities
With Moon's practical advice and insider tips, you can experience the best of Provence.
Spending more time in France? Check out Moon French Riviera or Moon Normandy & Brittany.