HBR Guide to Managing Strategic Initiatives
Harvard Business Review
This big initiative could make or break this fiscal year--or your career.
Managing a successful strategic initiative may be the key to transforming your company--and propelling your career forward. Yet running a cross-functional team on a high-profile project can present a multitude of challenges and risks, causing even the most experienced manager to struggle.
The HBR Guide to Managing Strategic Initiatives provides practical tips and advice to help you manage all the stages of an initiative's life cycle, from buy-in to launch to scaling up.
You'll learn how to:
- Win--and keep--support for your new initiative
- Move rapidly from approval to implementation
- Assemble transformative, high-performing initiative teams
- Maintain the confidence of sponsors and stakeholders
- Stay on schedule and within budget
- Avoid initiative overload by killing projects that aren't meeting business needs
- Keep multiple initiatives in strategic alignment
Arm yourself with the advice you need to succeed on the job, from a source you trust. Packed with how-to essentials from leading experts, the HBR Guides provide smart answers to your most pressing work challenges.