with Side-trips to Mount Fuji
Fodor's Travel Guides
Whether you want to stay in a ryokan, stand in awe at busy Shibuya Crossing, visit beautiful temples, or hike Mount Fuji, the local Fodor’s travel experts in Tokyo are here to help! Fodor’s Tokyo guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time.
This new edition has been FULLY-REDESIGNED with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos.
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- PHOTO-FILLED “BEST OF” FEATURES on Tokyo’s Best Temples and Shrines, Best City Views, and Tokyo’s Most Beautiful Traditional Gardens
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust!
- UP-TO-DATE and HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS for the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, side-trips, and more
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- SPECIAL FEATURES on “Peerless Fuji,” “A Japanese Culture Primer,” and “Isolation and Engagement: A History of Japan”
- COVERS: Shinjuku, Ginza, Shibuya, Asakusa, Imperial Palace District, Akihabara, Marunouchi, Harajuku, Tokyo Skytree, Tosho-gu Shrine, Roppongi, Senso-ji, Mount Fuji, Kamakura, Yokohama, Nikko, Hakone, lake Chuzenji
- MORE THAN 20 DETAILED MAPS to navigate confidently
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS on when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, customs, pop culture, cuisine, and more
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- JAPANESE LANGUAGE PRIMER with useful words and essential phrases
- INCLUDES SIDE-TRIPS to Mount Fuji, Nikko, Kamakura, and Yokohama
Planning on visiting more of Japan? Check out Fodor’s Essential Japan.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor’s has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us!
IMPORTANT NOTE: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images included in the physical edition.